Sunday, November 22, 2015

Day 22: I gotta post something

I really don't want to stay up until midnight tonight hoping inspiration will strike, so I'm trying to think of something to tell you for today's post. Because tick tock, Sunday is fast fading away.

OK, here is something quick. I almost never do short posts, so I am giving myself a pass this time. Gentle reader Muriel e-mailed me asked why I avoid Wal-Mart, as I stated in Friday's post.


I wish I could say it was because I'm taking some moral high ground stance toward Wal-Mart's business practices in third world countries, or the way they've squashed mom&pop stores in small towns, or any number of reprehensible things I'm sure Wal-Mart has done.

But the truth is, it's much simpler than that-- it's just not very nice. It may be only an optical illusion, but Wal-Mart never seems clean. And it's a snotty thing to say, but if you go in the evening, the clientele can be a little scary. I'd rather go to Target or Costco.

I'm not religious about this, though. It's a Super Wal-Mart (meaning it has a complete grocery store inside), and it is almost five miles closer to us than the next closest grocery store. So I've been known to run in there when I need groceries quick. But if I have the time, I'd rather go to Target for most stuff, or drive all the way into town and go to a traditional grocery store.

And that's all. Hope you had a great weekend.

No comments: