Saturday, January 6, 2018

lengthy shirts, briefly noted

As we've discussed in the past, I have a tendency to be a bit cheap (for example, this post). I'm getting better about it as I get older because for one thing, we don't need as much stuff anymore, so I'm not buying as much, and for another, we're not as broke as we used to be.

Anyway. As any female knows, cheap cotton shirts-- of which I have a couple of drawers full-- tend to shrink up until they are too short to wear by themselves. But the style right now is for long tunic length shirts, so even when you buy the cheap ones, they shrink up to a length that is actually reasonable. As in, you can sit down or lean over without bearing your all to the world.

Case in point, the long-sleeved t-shirt I bought at Target about a month ago, which fits perfectly, is SOFT AND COMFORTABLE (see previous post), and is LONG. Even after washing it several times. So when I walked by the display of those t-shirts at Target the other day and they were on sale for $10 a piece, I bought one in every color I thought I might reasonably wear. Which I guess confirms I'm not as cheap as I used to be.

And then I went home and pulled out all of my long sleeved cotton shirts, measured them by holding them up against another t-shirt that is as short as I am willing to go, and put about ten of them in the Salvo pile. *sigh of happiness* Seriously, head to Target before they sell out.

No comments: