Friday, October 16, 2015

7ToF: typing on my phone makes me nuts

1. Ok let's see if I can do this.  I'm sitting in the women's showers at the KOA in Bozeman MT typing this ON MY PHONE. My boys kicked me out of the camper because they wanted to turn out the lights. That's how obsessive I am because I'm supposed to have a Friday blog post so dammit I'm doing one. If you've ever tried to type more than a few words on a phone you will understand why there may be typos in this one (apologies in advance).

2. The reason we're in Bozeman is because we brought the kid to do the college tour today. Montana State University is in Bozeman. Yesterday we toured the University of Montana in Missoula. For a rural state with less than a million people we have two pretty impressive state schools.

3. I love college tours. I'd do twenty of them if the kid was willing. He hasn't been very excited about them so far but he did finally say today that he could see the point in doing a few more so that you could figure out what you like.

4. I have not watched a single one of the debates and I'm not going to.  That probably makes me a bad citizen but I don't need the drama. I already know who I like (Bernie) and he's unlikely to be elected.

5. I'm no longer sick and dwelling on the couch but I can't stop reading Betty Neels. It's like trying to stop eating Doritos. They're awful, they're probably rotting my brain but JUST ONE MORE. Then I'll stop. She was born the year before my maternal grandmother (whom I adored) and it's like getting to hang out in her head. Definite guilty pleasure.

6. I forgot to tell you that I managed to leave my phone at home when I went on that cruise. The first night was terrible because I was trying to connect with my Seattle friends and tell my mom where I was , etc. and I had no way to do it- I didn't even have their phone numbers with me. The only pay phone I could find was beyond me- I couldn't figure out how it worked. How did we do that stuff back in the pre-cell days? I don't even remember. But once we got on the boat it was no problem. It was even kind of nice. The only thing I missed was having my music with me- there were a few times when it would have been nice to plug in my headphones and ignore the world. I survived better than I thought I would. (This one was going to be an entire post of its own but that's probably enough)

7. The fall colors have been gorgeous here. I love fall.

And that's about it for me. Kinda lame but I'm using the whole typing on my phone thing as my excuse. Have a great weekend.

3 comments:

Julie said...

And we truly appreciate the effort!

Debbie said...

Betty Neels! A total guilty pleasure. We will have to disagree about Bernie (but I am betting you knew that already). And good for you for inadvertently leaving your cell phone at home. I got a bitt of a shiver when I read that though.

DreaG said...

I am so impressed that you typed all of that on your phone. I could not have done it. My children are appalled at my phone typing skills and my apparent lack of interest in correcting the auto corrects or the mistyped words. Well done, Barb, well done.