Saturday, October 10, 2026

a couple of updates and future plans

We traveled way too much in September. One trip to visit my mom (which ended with a couple of days in Dallas visiting friends from high school)(it was super fun), one trip to the wedding of a nephew (also super fun), and one weekend where my spouse went hiking with friends and I went to hang out with the grandkids. By the end of the month, which unfortunately ended with us having to spend the night in Salt Lake after missing our connection on the way back from the wedding, we were ready to be done with traveling for awhile. And thankfully, we are. We're not leaving town again-- well, except to see the grandkids-- until we fly out to see our son and his wife at their new home in Michigan for Thanksgiving. 

In other news, I have a series of posts in mind that I want to pre-write before I start publishing them, so it may be awhile before I post again. Or who knows. The last time I said that several years ago, I posted again within a month. 

I did want to do one update, though, since I made such a big deal out of being on a GLP-1 (here and here) back in July. First of all I should say that my weight loss stabilized shortly after I published those. I'm still at 152 (give or take a pound or two), which is fine for me. It feels like a good weight for my height and also I don't have to buy all new clothes. ha.

I did try increasing my dose, but the side effects were not tolerable, so I went back to 2.5 mg. Except that this week I skipped a dose. I've been having some weird symptoms, including nearly-intolerable back pain, terrible constipation, and inability to sleep (possibly related to the first two), which may or may not be related to zepbound, but I'm a little bit desperate. I had to do something. Muscle and joint pain isn't listed on the official list of side effects for zepbound, but there's plenty of talk about it on Reddit. 

So I hope that this is just temporary and after a week or two with no shots, I can go back to the 2.5mg dose. Because it really does seem to be helping with the migraines. I almost always get migraines when I travel, so that hasn't changed, but it's Friday night as I'm typing this and I haven't had a migraine since last weekend. That's pretty good for me. 

It might snow this weekend, but it won't stick around. The temps are barely even going below freezing. 

If you haven't seen Remarkably Bright Creatures yet, check it out. I rarely say this, but I thought it was better than the book, even with the unbelievable coincidence at the end. 

So, I already said to have a good weekend in yesterday's post, so I'll just sign off. Bye. :) 

No comments: