Tuesday, March 26, 2019

call in your angels

Look. Those of you who are rational, skip this one. This is for the dreamers, the agents of change, the weirdos.

I'm going offline for awhile. I'm still figuring out exactly what that means, but it will mean at least for a couple of weeks, I won't be posting here, and I won't be in any of the usual social outlets either. I did my own version of a ritual this afternoon, a set of actions that helps me sink a little deeper into the unknown, so that I could see if there's anything I needed to say before I sign off. (And you all know from experience that it may not be very long. I never seem to be able to leave aside blogging for very long.)

Anyway. This is what I came back with. Where we're going, the new thing we are trying to birth-- it's different. It's not going to look the same as what's come before. If like me, you can feel the tiny fragile new beginnings of this, the flame that nearly gets doused under the flood of hate day after day after day, .... we just need to keep going.

Keep breathing in the anger and the hate and the prejudice, the clinging to power, the structures that never seem to die, and keep breathing out your own version of the new way. It won't be the same for you as it is for me, because that is part of the difference that is being born. the old way was about measuring up to an external standard, fitting in, making yourself fit other people's expectations. And even our current attempts to change this have just resulted in more external standards we have to measure up to-- liberal ideals or conservative ideals or the way you were raised or the way your friends think now.

Let it be new. Figure it out as you go.

that's all I got.

3 comments:

BarbN said...

I feel kind of dumb posting this because it's not my usual sort of thing. But the impulse is strong. Let it be new.

KarenB said...

I'm going to think on this for a while . . .

Julie said...

Don't feel anything but honest.
And yes, I do know what you're saying. I get it, I feel it.
I'm sensing it, too.