1. We've been watching BBC Earth's Life Story. It's amazing, both the subject matter and the photography. Jaw dropping. Highly recommended.
2. We get to sleep to one of my favorite things tonight-- the sound of distant thunder. Since we've spent several hours gardening today, we're pretty psyched that it's raining.
3. After having been to the grocery store or Costco every day this week, I was not gonna go again today. But Cinco de Mayo snuck up on me. So we made do with a can of Rosarita refried beans, a package of tortillas, a couple of different types of salsa, and some sour cream. It was actually pretty good. #pantrydinner
4. It is now almost exactly one month until MadMax graduates from high school. Gack. Seems like it should still be months away.
5. Our amazing daughter PellMel turns 26 on Mother's Day. I'm not sure what better Mother's Day gift I could ask for than that she is driving home tomorrow and will be here for the weekend. I'm a happy mama.
6. The rivalry between Montana's two big state schools (Univ of Montana Grizzlies and Montana State Univ Bobcats) is intense--not that you would have ever heard of it since we're a pretty small state, but if you live here, it's a big deal. Not knowing this, we started buying UM gear when we moved here because you know, now we live in Montana, we should have some Montana stuff. Then in 2009, I went to UM for grad school. So we've always been more-or-less UM people, with a variety of maroon Griz t-shirts, mugs, and koozies hanging around.
7. But a couple of years ago PellMel went to MSU for her first year of graduate studies, and now MadMax is heading there in the fall. Apparently there aren't many Bobcats in our town, because I couldn't find much in the way of MSU stuff here locally. I had to get online this week and order blue and gold MSU t-shirts, etc. to reflect our changing loyalties.
There. A brief Seven Things on Friday. Have a great weekend.